Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Reverse Works For Me Wednesday

We have a really large opening adjoining our two living areas so I bought an special 100.00 baby gate. It was broken after two months and now only a remnant remains.






So I concocted a plan....I combined several pieces of furniture and an extra gate to make a NEW gate system.
(Just noticed those gross spots...who knows what it is?)






It still does not work since my children are all MONKIES! They just climb over the furniture that is holding the gates together!








Baby gates may work for some, but I'm not sure they have EVER worked for me. They never keep my kids from where they want to go, they only slow them a little. I've tried pressure mount(not enough pressure in the world can keep three kids out), I've tried screw mount, (failed), added anchors (failed and ripped the drywall), I've tried gates with no door (athleticism required), gates with doors and "child proof" latches (you know what child proof means). I've just pretty much given up unless my husband wants to try prison bars bolted to the floor, but I don't think it would match the decor! Well, that's what hasn't worked for me. See ya next WFMW.

Heather

2 comments:

Bahama Shores Mama said...

AAAHHHH......the elusive baby gates. Why is it a challenge for adults, but never to children???

Thanks for visiting my blog and I'll be sure to check back on yours as well.

PS: I read some of your past entries and I could believe we could be lost sistahs ~ except for the whole Pepsi thing :)

KnittinChick said...

Hmmm... baby gates. We had them in children's programming and you should have seen the older volunteers struggle with the ones that actually worked b/c they were too high tech.

Back to the oldies that don't work well in metal door frames.

Your children are probably part genius as they are able to figure out a way around obstacles to meet their goals.