Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I tackled Coinstar!

I know, I know...you like to see pictures. Unfortunately, I have not yet instilled in my brain the mechanism that remembers to take pictures of stuff BEFORE I do it. I'm a new blogger!

So for my Tackle It Tuesday, here's what I did:

My father gave my son a very large amount of pennies and nickels to add to his savings. I have had it sitting in a big Tupperware bucket for about a year (seriously). Isn't that sad. Well today I loaded 5 kids and my bucket 'o money into my van and drove to my local Price Cutter to become acquainted with the beautiful green Coinstar machine. It was a little embarrassing because I had so much change. All the clerks kept staring and it was SO LOUD! Towards the end there were clerks that had gathered around to see the grand total of 79.00. It was like a little party! It would have been more, but Coinstar keeps 8.9cents on the dollar, but it was worth it not having to go to the bank or count the money myself. So now my kitchen counter is one item less cluttered and my son is 79.00 richer. Two birds with one stone I guess you could say.

I'll take pictures next time. I promise!

3 comments:

The Proverbs Wife said...

Good for you. My kids love messing around with coins and helping me put them in the coin rolls. Whoever came up with the coinstar system is sure one smart cookie.

Anonymous said...

Great job! I have yet to stumble across such a machine here in Australia, you still have to count it all out yourself here :)

Shelley said...

Wow! And I thought my $47 was a lot! So what's he gonna do with all that money?