Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Mother's Day--Time to help the kids make my gifts again!

I know this will change in the future, but right now, Mother's Day is kind of lame. My kids are 5, 4 and 2 years old. They don't have money and I'm not sure they even are that concerned about the holiday. Dad is sweet and always buys me something nice...(last year a video camera), but the kids want to make something too. So I end up making my own gifts. I guess it's sweet spending the time with them, and that is really my gift I suppose. I just hope when they get older, they treat me like a queen on Mother's Day. They will clean house, cook my meals etc. Ok. Who am I kidding? Wouldn't that be nice though?

Seriously, I don't really find the holiday necessary, but a novel idea.


Heather

1 comment:

Kristen said...

That's so cute. My older kids 8, 6 want me to be surprised this year. I have no idea what they will come up with-probably something I already own-wrapped. It's the thought, right?