Tuesday, April 22, 2008

How NOT to mop the floor!

Ok. So it's Tackle It Tuesday and I decide since I haven't tackled anything I feel worthy of posting I would tackle my bathroom this morning. I have recently switched to cleaning with vinegar as a step to have a healthier home and to support my son who has allergies/asthma. However, today, I thought I would mop the bathroom one last time with bleach. Every thing was going ok, until I bent over the bucket to wring out the mop and inhaled a fume that made me choke and felt like it burned my airway. What could it be? Did I use too much bleach? NO...I forgot I had been mopping with vinegar and had not thoroughly rinsed out the mop before sticking it in the bleach. So, my first thought was of the kids in the house. I covered my face and ran the bucket outside to be disposed of later, then ran back in the house and kicked on the attic fan. I think all the fumes are gone, but my nose smells like bleach. So, I guess what I tackled this Tuesday was staying alive! I will however post my before and after bathroom pics, even though at this point I'm thinking I should have just left it alone. See cleaning is just not healthy! Ha Ha! Vegging out on the couch is much safer!


No, we haven't been using this ??Bathroom??



Ahhhh....the demon mop bucket!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I feel your pain. I loathe bleach. I gag at the smell of it. When I was pregnant I had to have other people clean our bathroom. I trid the "green" products but I have yet to find one that truly cleans like others that have bleach. I've never tried vinegar so I'll have to look into that one. I agree vegging on the couch is more safe than cleaning. ;)

Liza on Maui said...

Oh my - I'm glad you're alive :)

Kelly @ Growing.Learning.Playing. said...

Glad you are okay! I love cleaning with vinegar and baking soda. They clean so well! Great tackle.

momtofivekids said...

That must have been scary. The bathroom looks great, though!

Unknown said...

Whew - that makes me tired just looking at all your hard work! Great job!

Anonymous said...

glad to see i'm not the only one with a crazy bathroom!!! lol