Saturday, August 2, 2008

My Most Recent Walgreen's Savings

I really hit it up at Walgreen's recently. Here's how it went down:

Wags had a deal going on through the month of July, buy 3 of certain baby items and get a 5.00 Register Reward (like cash to use on your next visit). They had diapers and training pants on sale for 5.99 a couple of weeks out of the month so I decided to go with the training pants. To sweeten the deal, there was a coupon in the Easy Saver Catalog for 2.50 off each pack of diapers. To sweeten it further, there is a coupon booklet you can get at the pharmacy counter by asking and it had a 2.00 off each pack coupon. (you can stack Wag's store coupons) I bought about 9 packs of training pants @ 1.49 per pack and got 3 $5.00 RR's to use later. I thought that was awesome until I found out a way to reach ultimate sweetness. There are usually a couple of days at the end of each month when they release the next month's Easy Saver Catalog while the current month's Easy Saver is still active. Guess what? You can stack (use both coupons) those and get some extreme savings (even more if you add a manufacturer's coupon). Some people were able to use both Easy Saver's and the Pharmacy Q to get overage, but my Wag's doesn't give overage, so I chose to use the 2 Easy Saver Q's for a total of $5.00 off each pack. I got 9 more packs of diapers for .99 each and 3 more $5.00 RR's for a total of 30.00 free money to use at Walgreen's.

If you want to see the big non-sugar coated picture:

I got 18 packs of training pants for free w/ a bonus of $7.68 free money to spend at Walgreen's. They Paid Me To Buy Their Diapers!!

On a smaller scale

2 packs of 4ooct. printer paper
2 tubes hydrocortizone cream

total: .39cents

Want to know how to save at Walgreen's? Just ask.

No comments: